Monday, November 28, 2011

!!! Life is What You Make it !!!


There is only a fine line between sanity and insanity. Who is to decide that someone is insane and others are ‘normal?’ If somebody does not conform to set norms of behaviour, the society terms them as eccentric, odd, mad and crazy. Is it really fair?”

This line reminded me of my post I wrote long back

You step ahead fighting against the world's insanity
Then you see your hands shaking, wondering
 "after all who has defined normality?"

“The sound of a grown-up man crying is one of the loneliest, saddest sounds I have ever heard.”
Never belittle love, no matter where it came from......
Its important to be a little humbler, nicer and kinder with my words and actions, always
The Logical part of me said that I was not responsible in any way. But there was no escape from the feelings that I was to blame in some way. Feelings are powerful and logic was crushed under its weight. I was at their mercy and they were unrelenting, harsh and unforgiving.
I felt as though somebody was tearing out my heart from the ribcage, severing the arteries, yanking it out, tossing it aside and them stomping over it, squelching it under heavy feet. I watched helplessly. I felt this day in and day out.
This book is a fictional story of a protagonist girl who later suffers with a mental issue called "Bipolar Disorder". The narration of story is very gripping as the prologue starts off with the present, and the story runs in past, which keeps you hooked. The pace of the book seems a little uneven as the earlier part of the girl's life is narrated in detail while the later part which makes the main plot of the book seems to have ended quite quickly. Although the story does succeed in delivering the message it ought to that is mainly of survival and faith. But some things around the main character is left unanswered and some situations unexplained, although the character sketch of the main character is extremely poignant.
As I had heard that it is a motivational book, I found it as an interesting read, about feeling the crust of the story of being motivational I cannot say. But though the book ends on a positive note, it will leave you with a very unsettling feeling and can tend to make you a bit gloomy.
I did enjoy the 3 hours I spent reading the novel while taking my flight and all that time it turned out to be a great travel buddy. I think I might just try the authors other book on my next flight 34 Bubblegums and Candies, I think it would be worth a try, at least I hope so :)
From - Ritz Paradise

3 comments:

  1. Hey! How did I miss this post :/

    I was waiting for your views on this book...I think I will definitely read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah You Should ... :) ..
    Next in line is ..... A Lot Like Love.... a Lill Like Chocolate" - by sumrit Shahi .... Hoping its good too .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that book recently, wont say anything now ;)

    ReplyDelete