Thursday, November 17, 2011

!!! Eat Pray Love !!!


My Review : 

The book is a story of a woman who has lost her self some where in the daily chores, the rat race of career and the marriage.

One of the most finest ever written stories. I was almost sad when it came to an end....

Have you ever read a book which has all the feelings you have ever felt in your life sprawled right in front of you, Lost in the comfort of food, the passion of knowing and giving a chance to yourself in embracing the unknown, finally sitting across your silhouette and having the courage to look at your bared soul, see every flaw, ever damage, every mistake so that you can mend it, collect the broken pieces and improve your current being, and then rise above it and start seeing the good of your self and nurturing that part.

This is a story of self nurturing, taking chances, developing courage to explore the unexplored, acknowledging your mistakes and back drops and forgive your self, loving you self and be open to receive love in return, no matter where it comes from..

And last not the least I am dying to go to Italy and Bali ... Damn I just cant wait ... just can't.



Some of the unforgettable words most cherished by the writer in me:
“When I get lonely these days, I think: So BE lonely, Liz. Learn your way around loneliness. Make a map of it. Sit with it, for once in your life. Welcome to the human experience. But never again use another person's body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings.”

“I have a history of making decisions very quickly about men. I have always fallen in love fast and without measuring risks. I have a tendency not only to see the best in everyone, but to assume that everyone is emotionally capable of reaching his highest potential. I have fallen in love more times than I care to count with the highest potential of a man, rather than with the man himself, and I have hung on to the relationship for a long time (sometimes far too long) waiting for the man to ascend to his own greatness. Many times in romance I have been a victim of my own optimism.”


“At some point, you gotta let go, and sit still, and allow contentment to come to you.”

“The more exquisitely and delightfully you can do nothing, the higher your life's achievement.”

“Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions.”

In desperate love, we always invent the characters of our partners, demanding they be what we need of them, and then feeling devastated when they refuse to perform the role we created in the first place.”
“There is so much about my fate that I cannot control, but other things do fall under the jurisdiction. I can decide how I spend my time, whom I interact with, whom I share my body and life and money and energy with. I can select what I can read and eat and study. I can choose how I'm going to regard unfortunate circumstances in my life-whether I will see them as curses or opportunities. I can choose my words and the tone of voice in which I speak to others. And most of all, I can choose my thoughts.”

4 comments:

  1. This was the book that my reading spree started when I had taken a halt from reading books.

    and its one of my fav :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Poonam.... No One better than you to be the first person who became the part of this blog ..... :) .... Its one of my Fav too ... couldnt think of any other book to start of this blog ....
    Thanks a lot !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful work Ritz...
    Started my blog just yesterday and was going through some of your posts...truly awesome buddy..keep it going

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Manvika and all the best for your blog !!!

    Cheers
    Ritz..

    ReplyDelete